Total Pageviews

Search Engine

Blog Archive

Sunday 19 February 2012

Meet my Baby Meteor

Yes folks,  The meteorite has arrived.

After 9 months, 12 days, and a gruelling 35 hour labour, my wonderful wife, the heroic Mrs Meteor delivered the heir to this motorcycle and new addition to the Meteor Family -Lilly Belle Mary on the 12th Jan 2012.

She was a big momma,- 8lb 13.5oz and is absoultely beautiful. I was bursting with pride from the moment she came to meet us (even though she poohed on me straight away!) and haven`t come back down to earth since.

So i suppose i should take this moment to explain how i have neglected my meteor minor and have spent the last 40 days and 40 nights walking in a wilderness of sleepless nights and being elbow deep in dirty nappies.

But that wouldnt be strictly true. Sure, i have been known to change the odd soiled diper when nature calls for my little girl, and i`m now typing this blog with my left hand whilst i sling my little girl over my right shoulder,
But Mrs M`s wonderful boobs have been taking care of  Lilly`s midnight snacks, - which means during the night i am about as useful as a   one-legged man in an arse kicking contest and my reputation for being able to "sleep on a washing line" has remained in tact

Thankfully, my new role as chairman of the Llandow father/daughter cuddle-club has not been overly taxing on the energy levels. 


So rest assured fellow meteorites,  even as i boldly venture into the strange new world of fartherdom, a parrallel dimension exists just at the bottom of my garden. A sanctuary free from crying babies and stinking nappies. A place where men can be men and the motorcycle is god! The church of St Enfield`s doors are open and i`m about to start my sermon of the new year.......

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Congratulations to all, especially to mother and the heir. Although... hmmm, I'm vague on this, being a Yank, but under the rules of succession, doesn't Lilly stand to be bumped by any future males in the lineage? You may need ANOTHER motorcycle. May as well start looking now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And in my opinion, the motorcycle should be hers as long as she develops an interest in it. It's your job to make sure she develops that interest!

    Having no daughters myself, I can't give any advice in that regard.

    Congratulations, again. I loved the years when we had our children at home, and I'm sure you will, as well.

    ReplyDelete